A TEAM OF INNOVATORS
PSI President and Chief Technical Officer, Dr. Curtis Berthelot (P.Eng.), earned his Doctorate of Civil Engineering with a focus on Materials Science. He has built a team of more than 100 engineers, geologists, lab technicians and industrial operators with decades of experience.
Dr. Berthelot is the President and Chief Technical Officer of PSI and provides overall corporate and technical leadership.
Transportation InfrastructureDr. Berthelot is a professional engineer with over 25 years’ experience in applied mechanistic materials science used in mining and pavement infrastructure asset design and management applications. Dr. Berthelot has dedicated his career to developing pragmatic mechanistic based materials characterization protocols and numerical modeling systems that help transportation infrastructure and mining engineers make better technical and economic decisions with regards to sustainable infrastructure engineering decisions.
Dr. Berthelot has developed advanced materials characterization and modelling methods for structural design and life cycle asset management of transportation infrastructure. Dr. Berthelot’s fundamentals based approach to engineering material behavior and performance modelling has bridged the gap between advanced scientific methods and pragmatic solutions for transportation infrastructure engineering solutions.
Dr. Berthelot has developed several tailings backfill systems as well as mine grout/sealant materials based on viscoelastic rheological behavior of geo-materials to optimize structural support and inflow water management. Dr. Berthelot has developed several effective engineered uses of mine tailings to accommodate a wide variety of mine site reclamation applications.
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 1999, Texas A&M University.
- B.A.Sc., Civil Engineering, 1992, University of Saskatchewan.
- B.A.Sc., Civil Engineering (Distinction), 1989, University of Saskatchewan.
- Registered Professional Engineer, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
- Registered Professional Engineer, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
- Permission to Consult, Association of Professional Engineering and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
- 38 Refereed Journals
- 118 Conference Presentations
- 488 Technical Reports