Applied Research and Development
Material Performance Prediction is Key to Sound Engineering Solutions
At PSI’s material research laboratories, we apply advanced mechanistic materials characterization to accurately predict performance behavior of our systems when deployed in the field. PSI is certified by the Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories in a full range of conventional as well as mechanistic characterization of materials for road infrastructure and heavy industrial applications.
Applied materials research and development to derive advanced engineered system is the foundation of PSI. Over the past two decades PSI has successfully applied innovation advancements to solve a broad range of challenges experienced by our clients, both in the transportation and mining sectors.
PSI is a pioneer in applying advanced engineering continuum and micromechanical damage material constitutive behavior for engineering civil and mining infrastructure assets.
- Soils and Aggregate Materials
- Asphalt Concrete
- Asphalt Cement Testing (including SHRP performance grading)
- Portland Cement Concrete
- Mechanistic Materials Characterization
- Advanced Fracture Mechanics Characterization
- Soil Modification and Stabilization
- Microsurfacing Systems
- Geological Rock
- Advanced Composite Systems
- Metals Characterization and Metal Matrix Composites
- Field Quality Control and Quality Assurance
Papers and Publications:
- 65 Refereed Journal Publications
- 179 Conference Papers
- 488 Technical Reports